Thursday, February 7, 2013

Houston Police Bullies Back At It Again!



Houston, Texas

I would like to be surprised by a story involving brutality at the hands of the Houston Police Department. However, based on the department’s history, it’s simply a matter of business as usual.

This time around, Houston Police thugs are accused of beating a highly decorated war veteran who served in the Navy in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Derik Marcel Elizarraras was proud to serve his country.

“I served my country just like my father served my country and my grandfather served my country,” he said. “I want justice and I want them to pay for what they did.”

Elizarraras encountered a few of HPD’s finest bad apples in the front driveway of his mother’s southeast Houston home.

Elizarraras said he was followed there by the driver of a pickup truck who was convinced he had been cut off on the road.

“And I tell him sir, how can I cut you off when I was behind you. And he said no, no, no, I’m tired of this,” he said.

Then he said the man identified himself as a cop and pulled out a gun, although he refused to show a badge and was not wearing a uniform.

That’s when the victim’s brother ran inside to call 911.

But that’s when the other man called police.

“He said an officer needs assistance,” said Elizarraras.

The assistance that arrived was fellow Houston police officers who allegedly proceeded to beat Elizarraras.

“They slammed him to the ground and that’s when the altercation ensued, said the victim’s brother Michael Elizarraras.

Elizarraras was not charged with a crime. Paramedics transported him to the hospital where he was treated for severe cuts and bruises.

Elizarraras is filing a formal complaint against HPD.

A local activist is demanding an outside probe.

A police spokesperson said the allegation will be thoroughly investigated.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...