Sunday, June 9, 2013

Dallas 911 Operator April Sims Unemployed Following Racist Postings on Facebook

April Sims (Facebook)



Dallas, Texas

A Dallas 911 operator has been fired after posting racist messages against African-Americans on her Facebook page.

The Dallas Police Department announced that April Sims, 23, has been fired for violating its social media policy.

Sims’ racially-motivated comments targeting blacks seemed to have been motivated by her time on the job as a 911 operator, which began in November.



“I’m a very easygoing person and I will give the shirt off my back to help others,” Sims wrote in another message, “but when call after call are black people fighting and screaming and hitting each other and they want to yell at me and treat me like [expletive] when I’m trying to help, is not cool.”

When asked by another Facebook member what she thought Dallas Police Chief David Brown would make of her statements, Sims was defiant.

“I stand by every word I said,” Sims wrote. “And do not apologize.”

The Dallas police policy on social media expressly forbids employees from posting messages on social networking sites that negatively affect morale, confidence and respect for the department.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...