Friday, June 22, 2012

Dallas Deputy Sheriff James Westbrook Goes All 'Barney Fife' on Biker


Dallas Deputy Sheriff James Westbrook - This Week's Barney Fife Award Winner


Dallas, Texas

On Sunday, of Memorial Day Weekend, Chris Moore was riding his motorcycle southbound on Stemmons Freeway in Dallas. Moore was one of 50 to 100 sport bike riders. Although he was traveling below the speed limit, Moore happened to have a camera attached to his helmet and was pulled over by Dallas Deputy Sheriff James Westbrook.

Deputy Westbrook says he wanted to see what was on Moore’s camera. From there, things went downhill.

MOORE: "Was I doing something wrong? What am I being pulled over for?"

WESTBROOK: "The whole group of you guys."

MOORE: "No. I was not, individually. How can you pull me over?"

WESTBROOK: "The reason you're being pulled over is because I'm gonna take your camera and we're gonna use it as evidence of the crimes that have been committed by other bikers."

MOORE: "I have not committed any crimes, and you cannot take my personal property from me, sir."

WESTBOOK: "That's fine. Need to see your license and registration."

Once Westbrook returns, he arrests Moore for having a concealed license plate.

WESTBROOK: "You're under arrest for your license plate being obstructed. Place your hands."

MOORE: "Are you kidding me, dude?"

WESTBROOK: "Place your hands behind your back."

As Moore continued to protest, the deputy lost his patience.

MOORE: "Why'd you pull me over in the first place?"

WESTBROOK: "Have a seat, okay?"

MOORE: "Sir. Sir. What you did to me was not right. You know it."

WESTBROOK: "I'm going to ask you one more time to have a seat."

MOORE: "That's f'ed up. Where's my bike going?"

WESTBROOK: "Sit down.I'm telling you to chill out."

Westbrook is then seen on the video shoving Moore into his squad car and slamming the door forcefully.

The Sheriff’s office, after news reports surfaced, has decided to investigate.



Tachyon OPS HD Helmet Camera

ContourHD 1080p Helmet Camera
 
ContourROAM Hands-free HD Camcorder

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...